Project descriptionThis project will study various surface modification methods including coatings deposited onto Ti-6Al-4V alloy with the aim to improve the tribcorrosion resistance of the alloy for various engineering applications in industry.
Assumed knowledgeMaterials, Mechanical Testing
Supervisors research focus
- Mechanical behaviour of biomaterials
- Fretting wear and corrosion in orthopaedic implants - Experimental and Computational (FEA)
- Implant retrieval studies
- Metal 3D printing for biomedical implants
- Surface modification methods
Note: You need to register interest in projects from different supervisors (not a number of projects with the one supervisor).
You must also contact each supervisor directly to discuss both the project details and your suitability to undertake the project.